Monday, June 30, 2014

Miami Lakes South Area 6-30-14


FAMILIA!
Sounds like you guys had a fun week car shopping and prepping for girls camp! Dad, I can't believe you did the Ragnar again, you're an animal! I don't even want to think about how slow I would be if I tried to go running. I can bike for days, no doubt, but running, no way, I'm so out of shape! I'm sure things will be interesting as well this week as it will just be Dad, and kenzo chilling at home. But Mom, Kylie, and maddie I hope you guys have a great week up at girls camp! This week is 4th of July as well! I have no idea what we're going to do here on friday night when everybody will just be out partying, but we will still somehow find a way to do missionary work!

We had another great week here in Miami Lakes south. So, yes Dad to answer your questions it has been quite a bit harder to find people here. In fountainebleau there was huge apartments for days, that we could go knock and talk to a lot of people in short amounts of time, but here it's a little different. Basically every apartment complex is gated. So we have tried to break into places before, and that never goes well. There are a couple of places that let us in though, and the problem is like every missionary before us has knocked the crap out of them so not many people answer. But like I said before when our boundaries got changed we got a lot of new area, which included a trailer park, which is where we have been at basically everyday.

Nothing to crazy happened this week. We've been working really hard, and just talking to every single person we bike by. A lot of people try to ignore us and just keep walking. So what I have learned to do is pull by bike sideways, and basically just block the whole sidewalk with my bike. haha so that way if people want to get by us they have to walk into the street. So far nobody has plowed me over so it's going good! :)

I wish I had some super cool story to tell this week, but there was just nothing super spectacular. So this week were praying for a miracle that we will be able to find a bunch of people and bring them all to church! If I could ask one favor though, please pray for our investigator Julio. He is so cool! He reads the book of mormon every night and he says he know's joseph smith was a prophet and that the church is true, but he just says he's allergic to going to church! He's so solid but he just refuses to come to church, so there's not much we can do until he comes!

I hope you all have an incredible 4th of july! I love you all and miss you all! Keep staying on the straight and narrow!
Elder Nielsen


I don't know if you can tell but I am covered in gnats!


No comments:

Post a Comment