Monday, June 23, 2014

Miami Lakes South Area 6-23-14



FAMILIA!
Sounds like you guys had a super fun vacation week! haha the poor van is no mas, Stupid transmission. I was glad to hear that you guys made it home safely though! It was super good to hear about all of your vacation adventures with the family out in California! Sorry little sissies I was running super short on time today so I'm not going to be able to write you all, but next week I will all write you some super stellar stories! Kenzo of course were still homies!

You know how last week I said it rained a lot?? Yeah nothing compared to this week! Luckily I was in a car for 2 days this week! haha I did double exchanges again this week. On Tuesday I was in Miami Gardens, and then on Wednesday I was in Opa Locka again with the zone leaders. They were super good exchanges and I learned a lot, but I'm not gonna lie it was tough coming back into my area on Thursday feeling like I haven't done any work in my area. Then on Friday as well we got to go to the temple! Oh my goodness it was incredible! It felt like I hadn't been to the temple in so long, and it was definitely a revelatory experience. Our mission president leaves next week. So weird, I'm gonna miss President Anderson that guy is incredible, but I'm excited to meet President Richardson. President Anderson keeps talking all about following the keys, so I assume there are going to be some changes that happen when he comes in. I'm excited to see what he brings to the mission though.

Sadly, this week our dominican family was not baptized. They just weren't progressing at all anymore and started to avoid us. so that was super lame but life goes on. We're just going to go out and find some new people this week that are going to get baptized! On Saturday night we saw a super cool miracle though. We were out with a member and every single one of our appointments fell through. We definitely felt frustrated but decided we just go and stop by a potential we had met a few days back. Of course, not home as well. But as we were leaving we felt inspired to talk to a young couple who was getting out of their car. We introduce ourselves and get to know them, and then out of the blue he jumps in and asks us, "Do you believe that God, Jesus Christ, and the Holy Ghost are separate beings?" We explain to him about how they are one in purpose but three separate beings. He kind of nods his head then goes on a rampage of questions about the plan of salvation about adam and eve, and where we were before this life. We were able to answer all of his questions, and he told us of how he has studied 50 different religions, but never with us. We gave him a plan of salvation pamphlet and he said he would study it. Sadly he wouldn't commit to anything until he read it, and prayed about it. But we called him last night, and he told us he had read it and has several questions, but he said he REALLY wants to learn more and told us to come by on Wednesday at 7. I know that's not as big of a miracle as somebody committing to be baptized right then and there or anything like that, but I know that he is someone searching for the truth, and that he is going to find it!

I have learned a lot in this area here in my Miami Lakes. It hasn't been easy that's for sure, but I feel like I have grown a lot in these past few weeks. Mainly, I've just learned more to trust and rely more on the Lord. This week I was thinking a lot about it, and when I first got in the mission I just had the mindset of I'm gonna go out and work hard and baptize nations. Because that's how it had been for all of my life. Like in baseball, I knew that if I went out and worked as hard as I could and I got as good as I could I could do whatever.  haha not exactly the same in missionary work. Yes, I can go and knock doors all day, and talk to everyone I see but if I'm not where the Lord wants me to be nothing is going to happen. Yes, I still have to work as hard as I can, but lately I've just realized how much I have to depend on the Lord for everything. I know that God lives, and knows each and every one of us. We truly are his children. I'm so grateful to be here in the mission serving the Lord. Thank you so much for all the emails every week. It seriously is the best hearing about all the stuff that's going on back home. I love you all and have a great week!
Elder Nielsen


No comments:

Post a Comment