Monday, June 9, 2014

Miami Lakes South Area 6-9-14


Sounds like you guys had a typical first week of summer! You're right though Mom, june is always a great month in Utah. But it's also a great month here in Florida! I'm glad to hear that the missionaries spoke in the ward last week! I'm sure they encouraged you guys to keep doing missionary work in any way you can, and I want to reiterate that as well! Sounded like you guys spent some quality time with the cousins as well which is always a blast! Dad, I wanted to thank you for the encouraging words! You got me pumped to go out and do some serious work! I want to hear some more stories about your mission though! Yesterday we went to a baptism at our chapel and this guy told a story about his mission in the DR and it made me want to hear more! As well another reason is because we keep finding dominicans here! And we we're able to bring a family of 5, 3 baptismal age to church this sunday! 

It was crazy trying to get them to church on sunday morning!  First off they needed a ride. So we had planned to go with a member who normally drives a suburban but for some reason when we met him sunday morning he was driving a small lexus! So we get there around 830 and none of them are ready yet! So it was a mad dash for them to get out of the door, but we made it! Then the other thing we had to deal with was now us trying to get a ride back to the church because there wasn't enough room for all of us! Luckily elders from the other ward in our building were on their way to round up some people and we were able to snag a ride from them. They loved church so much, and latins are so good at fellowshipping. Haha I don't know what it is but you get 2 latin ladies around the same age regardless of where they are from, and instantly they are best friends! Haha it was incredible, the 17 year old daughter is actually trying to go to Girls Camp this week now with the young women, after coming to church for the first time yesterday! So I'm sure if she's able to go she's gonna get baptized next sunday fo sure! We just found out yesterday though, that her grandparents that she lives with aren't married so for them to be baptized this Sunday we would have to get them married this week. So please pray that we will be able to get Elisa and Alejandro married!

Familia, I love you all so much, and want to thank you for all of your prayers and support! The mission is incredible and everyday my testimony is strengthened! I know that Jesus Christ is our savior, and that he suffered for everything that we have gone through and everything that we will go through. I have felt his redeeming love so much in my mission and I know that He lives! This is His Church, and He is leading and directing His work! Keep up the good work back home!

Elder Nielsen

No comments:

Post a Comment