Wednesday, March 5, 2014

Fountainebleau (miami) area 3-4-2014

T! Sweetest lady ever.

I don't if you can tell from the picture but we were stoked for the gemelas bautismo! :)
FAMILIA!
Well momma your hope came true! This week was incredible! First off i'm just gonna throw out that I'm a little jealous of the Maui trip but no worries! I'll just go take it out on the lake today and reel in some large mouths!;) In other news as well, both me and Elder Ward are staying here in Fountainebleau. The joke this whole week in our apartment leading up to transfers was that we were gonna stay together and it actually happened! We're stoked! haha I'm so happy because I was scared out of my mind that I was gonna leave and it would have been like leaving home all over again! By the end we'll have been together for 4 and a half months which is a long time for a companionship, but we're straight homies so we don't mind!

I honestly don't even know where to start for this week! The beginning of the week was kinda rough but then the past 5 days have flown by! First off I want to talk about our newest member here in fountainebleau. a.k.a. our abuelita Teresa! She was baptized this sunday and it was incredible! She seriously reminds me so much of grandma nielsen! Just the sweetest lady who loves all her family and taking care of little ninos! She's awesome though and we're super happy!

Also this week we found a super cool family of 3! On thursday night It seemed like every single appointment we had that night fell through so we ended up just harvesting til the end of the night. Usually that's not the most fruitful time for harvesting, but as we were knocking doors, we knocked a door 3 times and nobody came so we started to walk away, then as we're walking away we hear it start to open, and this super nice lady opens up and let's us in to pray with her and her family. Her whole family loved the prayer and after they all accepted baptism! As well as this sunday they all came to church and stayed for all 3 hours! It was a straight miracle! They're now preparing to be baptized this sunday! They're basically the reason why I didn't want to leave so bad!

Being in florida is the bomb! Latin people are so funny to be around! The funniest thing every sunday are the hymns. Our ward has a bunch of sweet little old ladies who like to sing really loud but who don't have the greatest voices. haha it's so hard for me not to laugh because it seriously is so bad!

Last thing real quick was that last night Osmar a.k.a. our homie baptized his gemelas (twins) last night! I'll send you all the pics but it was awesome! He was so nervous so he messed up on the prayer like 4 times but his sweet little daughter didn't mind getting dunked twice! ;)

I love you all so much, and know without a doubt that this truly is the Lord's work! I'm so grateful to be having so much success right now because I know it's not always gonna be this way! I'm so blessed to have been born into the knowledge of this gospel and the least I can do is try to share this joy with everyone I meet! I was thinking about how many people there are on the earth without any knowledge of our savior Jesus Christ and His Atonement and it really made me feel so blessed for having been born, and raised up into a righteous family. I don't know what we did in the pre earth life to deserve this but I'm just so grateful to be here! I love you all so much and hope you never forget who you are, and what you can become!
Elder Nielsen

No comments:

Post a Comment