Monday, March 17, 2014

Fountainebleau (Miami) area 3-17-2014


The big man himself ladies and gentlemen. Angel! a.k.a. my cuban brotha!
 FAMILIA!

Sounds like you're all doing work back in the big O-town! I'm glad you all had a great week and are enjoying the spring weather! I can't wait to get your letter momma I'm seriously stoked out of my mind! Pops, thank you so much for your letter you're the man! I'm gonna be honest I love all the sports updates. Good night, the baseball updates get me going! I can't believe they lost to mm again! Gah, every time I read about it, it just brings back a flood of memories! No worries though I'm staying focused!

This week was super fun though! It was also stressful beyond belief! Good night, it seemed like everyday was just go go go go go, then before we knew it was time to head home and we're just straight dead! I guess that's a good thing though. I'd rather be running from place to place then not knowing what to do. Count your blessings! I thought I worked hard before the mission but now I've realized it doesn't even compare to the mission! Fountainebleau is the bomb though! It seriously feels like home here!

Probably the most stressful thing this week though was Angel's baptism. Yes he finally did it! haha about time! Holy cow it was stressful though! I kid you not that man has probably taken away 5 years of my life expectancy! But I love him to death! So I don't have a whole lot of time to give all the details about what happened but pretty much his baptism was on and then off like 3 times! Originally it was gonna be on Tuesday but then his mom had something happen. Then it was going down on Wednesday, but there was a huge activity at the church so we couldn't do it. Then on Thursday it was straight madness. We called him like 5 times during the day. What happened was that he had some heart problems, and he had an irregular heart beat and couldn't get out of bed. So a rescue team like came to his house or something, I'm not exactly sure, and they did all kinds of tests on his heart! But it doesn't matter now because he went down and after his baptism he said he's never felt so calm before in his life! It was a very spiritual baptism and I was so blessed to be able to baptize him! He straight up calls me his brother now. He says we're like spiritual brothers because I baptized him. He's hilarious though I love him!

Sorry I don't have a whole lot more time and I'm gonna send some pics that will explain more of the funny stuff that happened this week! I love you all so much and I know that this is Christ's church! I'm so grateful to be here serving a mission! I've already learned so much, and it's a privilege to be able to tell people everyday that we're representatives of Jesus Christ! I love you all and miss you so much!
Elder Nielsen
This is one of our legit members. He goes out with us every week in what he calls, "the camion de Dios!" A little blasphemous but hilarious!

We may have had to take a beer from an investigator. . .I was straight ticked at her because she was supposed to be baptized this next week! (Love the mad face!)

No comments:

Post a Comment