Monday, March 31, 2014

Fountainebleau (Miami) area 3-31-14

FAMILIA!
So good to hear all about your week! It really does sound like you guys are keeping super busy with everything thats going on! Springs in Utah area always busy! It was also good to hear all of your family experiences of going to the conference center and just spending time together! We also had a super busy week here in good ol' Florida!

This week started off with probably one of the most memorable experiences of my mission. Last week we met a guy Benjamin who I wasn't even able to write about last week. he's a 35 year old guy from Nicaragua. Super humble, and just wanted to do what was right, and change his life. Anyways of course we invited him to church and he came!  On monday night he told us an incredible story. The day before on Sunday he rode his bike to church, and on the way there decided to stop and grab some coffee, as he was waiting in line he said he felt something tell him to just get a soda instead. He didn't think much about it, but then just a few moments later in sacrament meeting 2 talks were given all about the Word of Wisdom. He had never heard it before, but that Monday night after he told us that story we didn't even have to commit him to live it! He already said he would! It was so awesome to just hear him tell that story and me and Elder Ward we're just smiling at each other both thinking, "Holy cow, this man is elect!" We have seen him everyday since we met him. He progressed faster than anyone I've known so far. Teaching him everyday was so fun! He would come prepared having read the chapters from the Book of Mormon we left him the day before. He then would pull out his note cards, and tell us everything he learned and everything he had questions about. I honestly cannot tell you enough about this man, he has the most humble, and righteous desires to follow God of anyone I have ever met. He was a little hesitant to be baptized this sunday, but by Friday he had his interview and passed with flying colors and was super excited for his baptism on Sunday. I had the privilege of baptizing him and it was amazing!

We also had another investigator go down this week named Marjorie! She is incredible as well! She's one of Terre's friends. Good night I cannot talk enough about Terre either! Holy cow she's got the fire! Haha I'm going to be honest, Marjorie wasn't our baptism, she was Terre's! She literally did everything for us! She brought her to church she set up the teaching appointments, and she was the one who invited her to be baptized this sunday! And then she was! Me and Elder Ward just try and thank Terre, and all she says is, "no, gracias a ustedes por traerme la felicidad!" She just loves church and loved her baptism so now she wants everyone to have the same!

Sorry I only wrote mostly about our baptisms this week but that's all I can really think of as I look back on our week. I just feel so grateful to be here. I feel so blessed to be here. I think about it, and God has truly given us an amazing privilege as missionaries. We have the privilege of bringing His sons and daughters back to Him! It truly is amazing and I'm so grateful to have been given this opportunity. If there is one thing that I know it's that God lives, and that He is a God of miracles. I have already seen so many in my mission! I love you all and hope and pray that all is well! Keep up the good work, and don't worry too much about me!

Elder Nielsen



No comments:

Post a Comment