Monday, April 28, 2014

Miami Lakes South Area 4-28-14


I saw a dinosaur!
FAMILIA!
Sounds you guys are keeping busy as usual! Little sissies I'm excited to hear how your dance recital goes! Keep up the good work with that! I can't believe I have already been out almost 6 months. That straight blows my mind! That's crazy that we will be skypeing as well on Dad's birthday! Dad, thank you for the sports updates as well. I"m not to worried about the Spurs, I've been talking to some kids down here and everybody thinks it's gonna be a rematch between spurs and heat again so we will see!

Fun fact the temple cultural celebration is this Saturday and we are actually going to be in it! It is also going to be the first that you can watch live. So if you feel like watching it go for it!

I feel like I have learned a ton in this past week. I'm super grateful to be companions with Elder Page because he is a boss. We worked super hard, but didn't see too many results. Mainly, people just choosing to use their agency the wrong way! Flipping stinks when that happens but there's not much we can do about it!

We do have one legit person named Carmen though! She's way cool, sadly she wasn't able to come to church because her 2 year old daughter shoved a crayon up her nose and they weren't able to get it out so they took her to the hospital! yeah I know, a joke but she still wants to be baptized on the 18th so that's chill! We've got some good things coming this week I can feel it! We're just gonna keep working hard, and leave the rest in the hands of the Lord! That's all we can do anyways!
A cool miracle happened as well.  On Saturday night, we were harvesting because all of our appointment had fallen through and we knocked into a guy named Allen. At first he came busting out of the door looking like he wanted to hurt us, but as soon as we introduced ourselves he immediately let us pray with him. After the prayer we asked him if he believed God had sent us to him, and he said something like, "Yes, I needed that prayer and I can't remember the last time I felt like this!" We then told him as well that God sent us to invite him to be baptized and he said, Of course! He told us he was going to be gone on Sunday but we have a return appointment tonight and we are super pumped for that!

This week really strengthened testimony. With all the junk going on with people making dumb decisions, and whatever else I still know with a surety that this is God's church! I love this mission and am so grateful to be here. We've seen so many miracles with everything that is going on down here in South Florida and It's just an amazing time to be here. I love you all and appreciate all you have done for me! Keep going hard in the paint, and keep looking for opportunities to serve others!
Elder Nielsen

No comments:

Post a Comment