Monday, April 21, 2014

Miami Lakes South area 4-21-14 New Companion Elder Page


New companion- Elder Page
FAMILIA!!
Feliz dia de pascua! Good to hear that you all had a great day celebrating the Resurrection of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ! We had a great Easter yesterday as well here in the new area of Miami Lakes South! whooop whoop new area! Alright yes Mom, let me clear up all your confusion. So how transfers work is on monday night the whole zone has a conference call, and the zone leaders just go down the list of the whole zone and all they say is your name, and whether you are transferring or staying. That's all. So then on tuesday it's P-day so that everybody who is transferring can get all their junk together. Then on wednesday we have a big transfer meeting and they read out all the areas and who is going where and who your companion is. Make sense now?? So yes on tuesday when I wrote you guys I still had no idea where I was going just that I would be transferring.

But all is well now and you've already seen a new pic of my new companion Elder Page! We are in Miami Lakes South. He's a boss so our time here is gonna be legendary. So quit worrying about me momma I am chill!! haha just kidding I really do appreciate all the prayers and feel the support from you guys! I got the package as well so thank you for that!

Leaving Fountainebleau certainly wasn't easy but I am excited to be here in Miami Lakes! It's comforting to know that all our recent converts in Fountainebleau are gonna be taken care of because the ward there is so boss. I haven't got to meet hardly anyone from our ward yet, because yesterday we had stake conference with Bishop Gary E. Stevenson. As well we had a mission conference with Quentin L. Cook. Such an incredible experience. I learned a ton, and the spirit during the conference was amazing!

I really don't know what to say about my new area. We've got 2 legit investigators, one of which came to church yesterday and should be baptized this sunday so that's good news! Our area is pure spanish as well so I was pumped about that! Other than our 2 cool peeps we've got like no one though. So I'm feeling lot's of door knockin this week! whoop whoop! I wanna share one super cool miracle we saw this week though, with this lady named Nancy who Elder Page had found just before I got here.  She had been taught once before I arrived here about the restoration. She loved it, but wouldn't commit to baptism, but said she would read pray and come to church. The first time I met her was on Thursday. She has some health problems so she had been stuck on the couch all day. After I had met her we started to talk more about her reading and her prayers and she told us this amazing experience. She said she had been praying the night before asking God what she needs to do to grow closer to him. Then she said she had a little dream or vision I'm not exactly sure, but she said that all she saw was my companion, Elder Page standing in front of her, and a voice telling her, "Listen to him." It was an amazing experience that she shared with us, and we both were just grinning with joy! Nonetheless, she is committed to doing everything we say as well as be baptized! So we are super excited to keep working with her!

That's about it for the week, I'll send some pics right after as well. I just want to say that I know that Christ is the Savior and Redeemer of the world. I know that He lives, and that because of Him all of us will as well! I'm so grateful for this gospel because I know it is the only way to find true joy and happiness! I love you all so much and miss you as well! Keep up the good work back in O-town!
Elder Nielsen

No comments:

Post a Comment