Monday, August 3, 2015

Ft. Lauderdale West 8-3-2015

FAMILIA!!!

Wow, I am so jealous of the week you guys had! That birthday party for Rod looked so fun! I love that man so much! Please, make sure you tell him Happy Birthday from me as well! And that I will definitely come and visit as soon as I get home! It was crazy to see the pictures of everyone and just how different everyone looked! It really has been almost 2 years. . . AHHHHHH!!! 

This week was another great week, just like every other week! ;) haha I'm sorry all of my emails probably just sound like the same thing every week. . . But really there were some awesome highlights. First, we had MLC this week. It was legendary! President Richardson gave probably the best training I've ever seen, and just melted all of our faces. And then we came in and just wrapped everything up with our training. I don't think it could have gone any better! Which was a huge blessing cause I was super stressed about it, since it's the first training I've made without E. Burgoyne here. Also, this week I went on an exchange into Ft. Myers, which is like the furthest away place in the mission. It was fun, there's a lot of Haitian people there. So we were meeting with this super old Haitian Mommy, and I only know how to say a couple things in Creole. But I made a joke about how I was born in Haiti, but my Mom drank Clorox while she was pregnant so that's why I'm white. She about died laughing, and then gave me this giant Haitian Mommy hug. So that was funny! Also, this week our Recent Convert Pascaline went to the temple to do Baptisms for the Dead. We went by the night after she went, and she told us this super crazy story. So, she went to the temple and was baptized for one of her ancestors. Then the night after she had a dream where she was just sitting in a room and across the room was the ancestor that she had been baptized for. She said that the lady was just crying really hard and just kept saying, "thank you Pascaline" over and over. Haitians and their dreams, it's something else! But it was so cool!

I don't have much else to say about this week, but I will do like you guys did and send a bunch of pictures since I haven't sent any in forever. I love you guys so much! I love the Gospel. It has changed my life forever! 

Love,
Elder Nielsen


No comments:

Post a Comment