Monday, August 10, 2015

Ft. Lauderdale West 8-10-2015


FAMILIA!! 

HAPPY BIRTHDAY KYLIE!! Holy cow you are so old!!! I can't believe my younger sister is now legally responsible and is starting college! So weird! I realized the other day, that on the mission you just think that the rest of the world is stuck in time and when you get home things will just be the same way as when you left. Man, am I in for shell shock when I get home!! haha! And don't worry Mom, I didn't forget about you birthday either! Tomorow right!? Happy Birthday!!! You really are the best! I'll be sure to write you all some sweet letters today! :) 

I don't know what to say about this week other than that we hit the pavement HARD this week! It's kind of funny, there are times as a missionary when you think, "Ok, we went hard today, we should be good to slow down a little tomorrow." NOPE!! Haha there are no breaks! I love it though, I've come to realize that for me I can never have just down time. Nothing good ever comes from it! Our Bishop here has been a good example to me of that. Bishop Brown works night shifts at his job. So when he comes to church on Sundays, he usually only has like 2 hours of sleep. And then he's at church basically all day and then goes to work again that night. Haha he's crazy! But so legit! Yesterday we were talking to him after church, and we were trying to tell him to go home and get some sleep. And he just said, "I'll sleep when I'm dead! Right now there are people that need my help!" Kind of crazy but so true! 

Right now in our area, we are working with some cool people, but mostly we're in finding mode. The people we are teaching all have smoking problems or law of chastity issues. So please, pray that Shanice and Jessica will be able to work that out so they can be baptized! Other than that there's not any other crazy stories to tell! 

I would just like to end by saying that I know that living the gospel is what brings true joy! I love Florida, but in all honesty there are some places where it's just an awful place to live. Super dirty, stinky and just hood I don't know how else to describe it. But I have met some of the happiest and most active members of life in those places. It wouldn't matter if they lived in "Happy Valley" Utah, or the Depths of Fort Laud the gospel would be just as sweet to them as it is now. I'm so grateful for the experiences that I've had here on my mission. It has taught me how to see people as what they can become, rather than what they are at the moment. I know that each and everyone of us are children of God. We all have the same potential regardless of where we come from. We all have the potential to return to live with Him, and return as families. I love you all so much! 


Elder Nielsen 

No comments:

Post a Comment