Monday, August 24, 2015

Ft. Lauderdale West 8-24-2015


FAMILIA! 

Wow!!! I am so jealous right now of your trip to the Grand Canyon!! That looked like the most gorgeous backpacking trip ever! I can't believe school is already starting again!! Have fun little sisters! ;) Like always it's so weird to just see how much everyone lives and situations have changed since I've been on my mission. I always appreciate all of your letters and pictures! Thanks so much for that! 

This week was definitely a busy one. One with some very memorable experiences as well! We started off this week with Zone Conferences. So basically what a zone conference is, it's a meeting where 3 zones all meet together and it's a super long meeting with a whole bunch of different trainings, and talks and a lunch break in the middle. They're always really good and uplifting! Usually the assistants don't give a training, but this time President asked us to give a training around 45 mins to an hour. . . AHHH!! E. Hayward and I were super stressed out as we were preparing it last week, but God helped us out so much and it ended up being the best training I think I've ever given. It was so sick! Everyone left just feeling super inspired and understood everything that we talked about. We had 3 zone conferences this week that we had to go to on Tues, Wed, and Thurs. And you would think that just sitting in a chair, and then talking for just a little wouldn't be exhausting, but for some reason it was!! I don't know why, but you're just so exhausted spiritually by the end, that it wears you out physically! Good stuff though! 

Also another memorable experience was on Friday. I wish I could tell you everything that happened! It was one of the craziest experiences of my life! BUT. . . It's going to have to wait until I get home to tell it in person. . . So just ask me about what happened on Friday, August 21st, and I will know exactly what to tell you! ;)

The last memorable experience, was on Saturday our good friend Shanice was baptized! Woohooo! She is way cool. I'm pretty sure I've mentioned her before. She is an awesome lady, but she can be really shy. I don't know why but for some reason she was super nervous and shy about her baptismal service. I think it's because most black people are scared of the water. . . But anyway she didn't want anyone to be there for her baptism, but us, and the bishop. And we told the bishop that, but for some reason he still invited a bunch of people! So we show up with her expecting there to be no one and there's two huge families already there! I thought she was going to have a heart attack! She basically had a little panic attack, and we had to politely ask everyone if they could wait outside during the baptism and then all come in after. Haha so that's what happened! Also, luckily E. Hayward got her all the way down on the first try!

 But all in all it was great and she's excited for a fresh start on life!!

That's about it for this week! I sure do love you guys a lot! I can't wait to see you soon! I promise I'm not trunky, but it's just starting to hit me how old I am in the mission right now! it's the worst! Have an amazing week! 

Love,
Elder Nielsen

Things you see in the "hood"

No comments:

Post a Comment