Monday, July 20, 2015

Ft. Lauderdale West 7-20-2015



FAMILIA!!

SUPER SATURDAY!!! That youth activity sounded legendary! It was cool to see some pictures of all the youth! I literally recognized no one. . . Yikes!! I think when I get home I will have to be re-introduced to everyone back home, because the 'pre-mission veil' is very thick!! It will be good though! It sounds like everyone is enjoying their summer and that it is filled with all kinds of fun stuff!!

This week we had some "fun stuff" going on! Here's a couple random things that happened: We had a ward BBQ on Saturday, and right when it was about to start it started raining cats and dogs! So then, it ended up being an "indoor BBQ"!! We got a super bad flat tire, so we had to put on the spare, and get all that worked out. We ate Grio (this famous Haitian dish) that our Recent Convert Pascaline made for us since it was E. Burgoyne's last week. We ate at this famous restaurant in Palm Beach called "Gordo Burger". Basically they have this super famous Burger, called the Gordo Burger. It was ginormous, but delicious. (I'll send a pic) We met a guy who said his name was, "Mental Genius". I lost my scriptures and my journal last weekend at church, so the whole week I was praying to find them, and then the other set of Elders from our ward found them! We gave a talk in Sacrament Meeting yesterday. Of course, we spoke about Missionary Work! Our Recent Convert Jeff received the Aaronic Priesthood!!! 

That's basically a brief summary of our week!! The only other news I can think of is about Vena. We're still not sure what happened to her! Everything was great this week! We saw her everyday, and then on Friday she had her Baptismal Interview and everything was good! Her baptism was set for the next day at 3, and then she was no where to be found. She didn't answer any of our calls, and we went by her house, and the people that she lives with said they hadn't seen her since the day before. We still haven't seen her and neither have the people that she lives with. We're praying hard for her, so hopefully we can get in contact with her ASAP!!

This next week is going to be wild! Transfer meeting is on Wednesday! So that means I will be getting my new companion! Usually we don't find out, until Wednesday, but since as assistants we help President plan for transfers I already know everything! ;) So, if I tell you that means you have to keep this on the Down low until Wednesday! But my companion is going to be Elder Hayward!! I don't know if you remember him, but he was my companion in Hollywood. We're going to have a blast being back together!! Like I said, this week is going to be crazy, so please pray that I will be able to have the strength to do everything that's ahead of us!! 

I love you all so much, and I really do miss you guys! I'm sorry if my emails just seem super lame, and inconsiderate, but please know that I do love you guys a lot!! Have a fantastic week!! 
Elder Nielsen 




No comments:

Post a Comment