Monday, March 9, 2015

Hollywood area 3-9-2015



We went fishing off the intercoastal one P-day, and this was all I got. Haha my favorite part though is my good friend Randy the hobo chilling in the back!
FAMILIA!!

What's up everybody!?! I was happy to hear that you finally got to spend some time on the mountain! I'm not gonna lie, I miss that snow! But no worries I promise I'm not trunky! haha this week was kinda stormy for us here as well. One day it rained so hard that there was literally a lake in our backyard in the golf course. The whole course was just super flooded! Once again little sisters I'm so sorry I don't have anytime to reply to your emails. (Or anyone else's actually!) I feel super bad but it's just like there is never enough time!

I'm trying to remember exactly what happened this week, but not much is coming to my mind!! haha all the days are just starting to blur together and I can never remember what happened what day! So I'm not really sure what to write about this week, but I will try my best!! This week started off strong. Elder Hayward and I recommitted ourselves to being exactly obedient in every aspect of the work. So we've just been going super hard on cleaning our house and our car because that's what we were slacking the most in! haha I love cleaning! (I wish you could hear the sarcasm in my voice) But all is good in the hood!!

This week T ended up going out of town for the whole week! So we haven't seen her in forever but were seeing her tonight so things are going to start picking up! We also saw a huge miracle this week. We had a list of members who had recently moved into our ward and we decided to try and contact some of them and see what we could do to help out. So we plug in one of the addresses into our GPS and go to the house. As soon as we pull up I recognized the house, but because it was one of our former investigators named Hilda! She had come to church and loved it and accepted everything we taught she just could never meet with us because she was super busy with work. Well we walk up to the house and she is already outside! We start talking to her and it turns out she is still super interested! In our lesson with her right there she literally said the phrase, "Yeah, I want to be baptized!" Music to my ears!

I also got to do 2 baptismal interviews this week. Holy cow those are one of the greatest parts about being a missionary! One of the ladies that I interviewed was this older Cuban lady named Julia who reminded me so much of Terre one of my recent converts in Fountainebleau! She was the sweetest lady ever and her story is pretty amazing the sisters found her knocking and she just accepted everything right away. But she actually has cancer and begins treatment today. But the sisters found her at exactly the right timing to where she could come to church twice and be baptized the day before she goes into the hospital. God's timing is so good!

We had MLC this week. Which is missionary Leadership Council. Such a boss meeting! We have had some amazing trainings these past few weeks and things are really starting to pick up in our zone. We have zone training this next week so keep me in your prayers cause our missionaries definitely need this training. Other than that things are looking up!

I love you all so much, and I'm so grateful for all that you do for me. I'm so grateful to have been born into the situation I was. This week when we were out with our ward mission leader we had an interesting conversation. Our ward mission leader is like the greatest guy I've ever met. He loves coming out with us and he does so much missionary work. But he basically said something like this, "You guys don't know how lucky you are to have been born into the church. I wish I could have known earlier about the church and served a mission like you guys, because there is no greater joy." And that's why he loves coming out with us. Such a boss. That man has changed my life! Anyway have an amazing week! The church is true and share the good news with everyone!
Elder Nielsen


No comments:

Post a Comment