Monday, January 5, 2015

Hollywood Area 1-5-2015


FAMILIA!!

What up what up!!?? Thank you all for the incredible emails and pictures!! Those pics were incredible! It looks like it finally got cold in utah! I'll be honest and say that I do not miss the cold! haha no worries it's still 80 here in Florida. I'm sorry little sisters that I did not get time to reply to your emails today. This email is gonna be kinda junky I'm sorry, because I literally have no time!

It sounded like you guys had a super fun new years eve too! Haha not much happened here. We just had to be inside at 7. So we just kinda chilled, cleaned the house a little bit told some stories. The normal mish life! This week was probably the fastest week of my life. Haha we just had so much stuff going on! I thought I had been tired before on my mission, but nothing compared to this week. So at the beginning of the week we just had to go to a bunch of district trainings. So that was a lot of driving, and sitting and listening. But the time that we did have in our area, we went so hard! We didn't let anytime slip by when we were in our area so we were finding, and teaching a lot of cool people. Then the biggest miracle of the week came on Thursday. I had mentioned a few weeks ago about a guy named Pierre who texted us asking about baptism. He was supposed to get baptized last week, but he was just making some lame excuses. So we just decided we were going to drop him, and then move on to other people. So we did. Then thursday he texted us, and his text said something like this. "Hey guys, I'm really sorry for how I've been acting. I know I need to be baptized, and I don't want to postpone it any longer. Can I get baptized tomorow night at 7??" Haha we were so pumped!! So we set everything up, and he got baptized the next day!! So solid! Sorry I forgot my camera. But I will mail my sd card today!

There are a lot of good things going on in our area right now. I love it here in Hollywood! Our zone is doing better, but we still have a lot of missionaries that are struggling so we are trying to do all we can about that. One thing that I wanted to share was a scripture. I don't remember where but Jesus Christ says something along of this, "Whosoever shall lose life for my sake. Shall find it." I know that scripture is true, because I have seen it in my own life. I'm so grateful to be here on a mission to lose my life for the sake of the Savior. And because I have that, I truly do feel like I have found myself. I truly feel happy. Thanks so much for all that you do, and I love you all a lot!

Elder Nielsen

Oh and p.s. about the birthday presents. I lost my cord for my camera to plug into the computer so that's part of why I haven't been sending pics. So if you could send another one of those cords. The camera is nikon coolpix. Also more ties are always good, and maybe one of those things from missionary mall, that expands the collar of your shirts. It's like an extra button thing. Haha don't worry I'm not getting too fat! ;) Other than that there's not really anything I need. Maybe just some more snacks, like granola bars.

No comments:

Post a Comment