Monday, December 1, 2014

Coral Reef North area 12-1-2014



FAMILIA!
Thanks for sending all the pics! I loved hearing all about your thanksgiving! It sounded like you guys had a real rowdy time with all the fam together! Once again, I just want to say how grateful I am for all of you! Truly, I have the greatest family on earth!

Our thanksgiving here was incredible. We got fed by some members and at their house there was like 30 people jammed into this little house. It was super fun, and we ate a TON of food! This week has been a super solid week for us here. We were able to get a lot of work done! I can't remember if I told you but one of our former investigators this lady named Gloria called us not to long ago, and told us she wanted to feed us. It was super random, but we went over and talked to her and started teaching her again. She told us she would only come to church if we would go to church with her so we could see where she was coming from. So we got permission from our mission president, and last night we went to a catholic mass with Gloria! I don't really know what to say about it, other than that it was an interesting experience. . . haha we definitely got some good looks from some people there, but it was fun! I'm not gonna lie they had some really good music though! ;) Afterwards we had a long talk with Gloria, and we basically dropped her. She has just done too much of her research on the internet. It was sad, because honestly she would be an incredible member of the church and she needs to be! She just let other supposed "facts" about the church determine her decision rather than what she felt as she read and prayed about the Book of Mormon.

Enough of that though, let's talk about some of the people that we have who are progressing! Our most progressing investigator right now is this awesome Nicaraguan lady named Ulda. I'm pretty sure I wrote about her last week, but she came to church again yesterday! Sadly, we weren't able to teach her at all during the week because she works like crazy, but this week she only works 2 days so were gonna teach her and baptize her! She's super funny, because she literally has 14 little Chihuahua's living in her backyard! haha it's insane! If you ask her how many she has though she will only say 9. Because I guess that's the law that you can only have 9 dogs! She's super solid though, and she is way fun to teach.

That's about all I have time for this week, but once again I love you all and thank you for all that you have done for me! I know without a shadow of a doubt that Jesus Christ is our Savior and our Redeemer and that His Church is here on the earth! I want to invite you all to go and post the He is The Gift video on both your instagrams and facebooks. And if you could get on mine too Mom, and post it that would be great! I love you all and have a great week!
Elder Nielsen

No comments:

Post a Comment