Tuesday, December 16, 2014

Last day in Coral Reef North Area 12-16-2014





FAMILIA!

First off I want to say THANK YOU for the Christmas packages! You guys went so hard on that 24 days of Christmas thing! Haha I wanted so bad to just open them all up right there, but I guess I have learned a little bit of patience on my mission because I have been opening only 1 a day! :) As well, I'm sorry little sisters, but I have like no time to email lately and I have a lot to write about today! But I promise next week that I will reply to all of your emails! :)

So as you can tell today is Tuesday. . . Which means this week is transfers! They cut this transfer 1 week short so that all the dying missionaries get home right before Christmas. So transfer calls came last night, and my nino will be staying here in Coral Reef North, and sadly, I will be transferring! You know how it is they don't tell us until tomorrow so I will find out tomorrow where my new area will be! I honestly have no good guess as to where I go, but I hope it's to pequena Havana!

This week we also had the Mission Christmas Conference. So fun! Whenever the whole mission gets together it's just rowdy. We started off with Christmas messages from President, and his wife, and then everyone brought white elephant gifts so we did that. Then to finish off each zone, prepared some kind of Christmas skit. Hilarious! haha some zones went so hard! For our zone's skit we did twelve days of Christmas but we mixed it up and it was 8 days of Homestead Christmas and then for each day it was something different and there was a little skit for each day. All in all, Christmas conference was great.

All well this week we had 2 baptisms! whoop whoop! Ulda and Griselda got baptized! As I look back on this past week there's a scripture that comes to my mind in Alma 37:6 which says, "but behold I say unto you, that by small and simple things are great things brought to pass" This past transfer it felt like we had just been doing everything that we could and we just weren't seeing the miracles. Then this past week the Lord blessed us with 2 incredible baptisms. The reason why that scripture came to my mind is because both our baptisms started out as a small and simple thing. We found Griselda while we were biking and we stopped and talked her. And Ulda we found just by knocking her door. It all started by just doing the small and simple things and truly miracles have been brought to pass in their lives. It was a great baptismal service, and I will be sending some pics. We went and saw both of them yesterday and it was just awesome to hear from them about their experiences. They both are very similar because they are kind of shy, and timid, but yesterday they both just would not stop talking to us and they said they just felt "happy". It truly strengthened my testimony that this gospel brings happiness. It's sad that I'm leaving tomorrow but I will definitely keep in touch with them!

I know this is the Lord's work. I'm so grateful to be here on my mission. I honestly love it more than anything else I've ever done. I'm so grateful for this Christmas season. Truly, our Savior is the Gift that God has given us. And all we must do is strive to follow His example everyday and we will be happy! Have a great week and I will let you know next week all about my new area.



No comments:

Post a Comment