Monday, July 14, 2014

Miami Lakes South Area 7-14-14

FAMILIA!

Holy cow it sounds like you guys had the greatest week ever! I can just imagine just so many little cousins and kids just running around everywhere just having the greatest time! You're emails definitely brought a smile to my face! I was super glad to hear that Tate and Dylan had their farewells as well. Such studs they're going to love the mission. To answer your question, no Dad, luckily we don't have to get our sheets wet to sleep at night. Remember there may not be any americans here in Miami, but it's still the U.S. we got A/C! Momma! I'm so pumped for you! That seriously is amazing that you're gonna be young women's pres! That will be a real fun time! haha no crying! You're such a boss mom, there seriously is no reason to stress about anything. All the girls will love you and you're just gonna have a great time! I will be praying for you for sure. Don't ever doubt your calling though, because I know Bishop is an inspired man!

We had a super fun week here in Miami lakes. I seriously don't even know where to start. Like I said transfers came and we stayed, but this week I still had a new companion. So what happened is there are 2 elders who are companions in our district, but neither of them has a license, and one of them can't bike because he has knee problems. So we have been on exchanges basically everyday this week. It was fun though because I got to stay here and work with an elder from mexico. So we just talked spanish to each other all day which was the best!

So this week we were working a lot with that Cuban couple I told you about, Marcos and Magaly. So legit. When we taught them the word of wisdom, Magaly was smoking 12 cigarettes a day. She had been smoking since she was 14 years old in Cuba. The next day she smoked 1. Incredible! I've never met people who wanted it, and needed it as bad as they do right now. Sadly, they are not married. I'm sure you know but in Cuba people are literally doing anything they can to leave. So for Magaly to leave she had to get married to some random guy in Costa Rica who she had never met, and then move there, and then go up from Costa Rica through Mexico to come to here. Crazy situation, but because of that she hasn't been able to get a legal divorce, so now her and her "husband" are just living together, and there was no where for them to move too. I'm not going to lie it was definitely one of the saddest moments of my mission. After we taught them the law of chastity they understood it and everything but they were just sad because they wanted to be baptized so bad this sunday! In the closing prayer of the lesson Magaly was seriously bawling. She's seriously the sweetest lady I've ever met. It's definitely a tough situation, but they still have the desire! So this week were going to try and find some way for her to get divorced or one of them to move out. Please pray for them, and for us to know what to do! The other problem is their moving in like a week so it's just hectic! They want to be baptized, and they know they need to do it, so I believe that the Lord will provide a way for them to do it!

This week we were able to find a lot of other super cool potentials as well. We have several baptismal dates, so now we just need to help these people progress and get baptized! I love you all so much and I know this church is true! One more thing real quick. Yesterday we got to baptize a lady in a wheelchair. It was so intense. She was pretty heavy, and me and my companion had to pick her up in a chair, and carry her into the water, and then tip her back. She's awesome though and we didn't drop her! This week I read an article in the Ensign called becoming perfected in Christ, or something like that. But you should all go and read it because it will definitely strengthen your testimonies of the atonement. I love you all and hope you have an amazing week!

Elder Nielsen

No comments:

Post a Comment