Monday, May 19, 2014

Miami Lakes South Area 5-19-14


FAMILIA!
First off I just want to say congrats dad! Qualified for boston with 46 seconds to spare! Whoop whoop that's what I'm talking about! Old guy still kicking trash! But for real though dad, that's legit and I'm glad you were still able to make it to the race even after all the stuff that happened! Sounded pretty crazy everything that happened! I really liked what you shared too mom, about how even in Utah there is still missionary work to be done! Missionary work is everywhere so I encourage all of you to continue to look for ways that you can share the gospel.

This week was kinda a weird week. It felt like it flew by super fast, but then during the days time was going super slow. One of the biggest highlights was on Thursday we had an amazing Zone Conference with President and Sister Anderson. That will be their last one before they leave, so that was kinda sad. Then during the Conference a huge storm came in and everyone got a text for a tornado warning in the area! Nothing ended up happening though, streets just got flooded and it rained super hard. Some other good news as well is that our area borders got expanded! Whoop whoop miami lakes south is no longer just a tiny box in the corner of the ward boundaries! That is gonna help us out a ton because there is so much spanish in the new area we have.

We knocked a lot of doors this week which was great! haha I don't know why but I have truly come to love knocking doors now on my mission. Just because everyday something weird happens or we meet some crazy cubans or people who just want to be baptized! haha last night we were knocking these huge apartment complexes (which our now in our area thanks to the border change) and this lady lets us in right away and tells us about how the missionaries used to always come over to her house in the D.R. Yup that's right dad there are a ton of dominicans in our area so I'm getting to know a little bit about what you're mission was like! Anyway, she asks us if were hungry and we both just say of course missionaries are always hungry. So she tells us to sit and in 5 mins she will have something for us. Well I don't know how she did it but in 5 mins there were 2 huge plates in front of us with super good dominican food! Man, it was rico! She also told us she wants to come to church next which was even better news than the giant platters of cominda!

We're super excited for this upcoming week cause were just gonna go crazy hard on finding still. I don't know why but just from talking to Elder Page this area seems to always have had struggles finding people but I believe were gonna find someone super cool this upcoming week that just wants to get baptized so bad! One of the things that I've learned on mission is that everytime a door gets shut in your face rather than feeling down that they don't want to learn more, just be excited for the next one because it means you're that much closer to the elect person who's going to get baptized!

I love you all so much, and just want to share with you that I know this is Christ's Church! Being a missionary is amazing because everyday I'm growing, and learning, and my testimony is being strengthened! It's amazing to think about how much I've changed just in these first 6 months. I can't believe it's already been more than 6 months and it makes just want to work even harder because time is flying and I don't like that! Keep up the good work, and sissy's don't have too much fun this last week of school! ;) Love you all!
Elder Nielsen

No comments:

Post a Comment