Wednesday, February 19, 2014

Fountainebleau (Miami) area 2-18-2014


We found a coconut on the streets so we broke it open on a fence and ate it of course!
Familia!
Thanks as usual for all the stellar letters! Alright yes momma I got the valentines day package. Haha really good! The one with the BofM's must be in Narnia or something cause it's still not here. No worries though. I think what might have happened is that there is another Elder Nielsen in the mission so if you didn't specify Tanner Nielsen it might have gone to him. No worries though just make sure on everything it's got the T-Niels! haha

I was pumped to hear Maddie gave her first talk! Crazy! Pops sounds like your still doing work! Solid as a rock as usual! Glad to hear you're keeping an eye on the boys around kyle! I can't wait til I get back and she will be in college and I can just brawl with any guy that looks at her! haha you know i'm kidding kylie!

Anyways this week was an amazing week in the promised land of Fountainebleau North. Started out the week with zone conference and we had an area 70 come and talk with us. It was really good but my attention span was gone for the last hour. everyone thinks I'm such a nino because I hate meetings and most missionaries love them because it's just like a time to chill. Nonetheless, I learned a ton from Him and all it was really good!

This week I cannot even describe to you how much food we got fed. Holy cow latins are straight loco! I've started working out every morning and night know to try and burn some extra calories because I do not want to get fat! We had some really good lessons this week and found some legit people! One of our new investigators Mark, he's like this 40 year old guy but we visited him on sunday and he invited me and Elder Ward to go to Dave and Busters with him on Monday with his fam. It was hilarious because this was literally the 2nd time we'd met him and he was just acting like we were best friends!

Well I'm really sorry but the library computer is being gay today and won't let me extend time I literally have no time left. I'm sorry i'll try and write a letter but I love you and keep going hard in the paint!

Alright sorry that was stressful but the lady hooked me up with more time! So like I said this week we had a lot of good lessons. Probably our most legit investigator right now is another teenage girl named J. Her best friend is a member of our ward so that's how we got in contact with her. We met with her early in the week, and we had invited to pray and ask if it was true and she said she would. We were praying all week for her to be able to receive her answer because as well she committed to be baptized if she received her answer. She came to church on Sunday then we met with her after. We met with her at her best friends house the Barqui's. Sister Barqui the mom is probably the coolest Cuban woman i've ever met! She was atheist all her life, then her son-in-law Paul Garcia who is also a member of ward (he actually served just 5 years ago in this same mission!) married her daughter then converted her whole family! Anyways she literally calls us her hijos, and she cooked so much delicious grub for us! Holy cow she also gave us this huge cuban sandwich to go which was delicious! We were just eating at their house right after church and it was weird because I seriously felt like I was at home on any other sunday afternoon eating with my family! Obviously it was as good as home though! ;) But, as we were talking with J we asked her how her prayers went and she just gets this big smile on her face. Then she explained to us all about how she had prayed, then afterward she just had this amazing feeling. I believe she said it felt like she was just floating! She said she knows that it is what God wants for her, and is now continuing to prepare for her baptism! We're pumped for her!

We're also working hard with Dayan still as well as this guy named Victor who's whole family is members. Sorry about the mix up with the other email but I still love you all so much and miss you as well!
Elder Nielsen

We may have bought fishing poles from Walmart and now go fishing every p-day. . . Reeling in some large mouths though from a little pond right by our house! haha too legit!


No comments:

Post a Comment