Tuesday, January 28, 2014

Fountainebleau (Miami) area 1-28-14


Hola familia!
Que Bola? Como esta la pincha? I know that probably makes no sense but that's straight Cuban spanish for you. Spanish land is great. It was so weird this week we found like 3 english people when we were knocking doors and we were like what are you doing here. You don't belong here this is Latin land! haha but it's great here. Your emails this week were all awesome I love hearing about back home and all your adventures! As well as all your spiritual experiences and things that you've learned! Keep up the good work!

Sorry the package hasn't come yet but it should come this week for sure I bet. Thank you so much for sending me that stuff though mom that should be all I need for the rest of my mish so don't worry about sending me anything else! You guys definitely need to send me a pick of Kyle and her new car! Lucky!

This week was another good week. I'm officially 1 now! My first transfer is over! So weird, I still feel like I just got here. We had some good lessons this week. We didn't have a ton like last week but they were really spiritual as well as our investigators were really receptive which is good. I'd rather teach fewer lessons that are powerful than a bunch to people who aren't really interested. This weekend was also stake conference, and Elder Russell M. Nelson was here! It was legendary! It was sad though we sucked on getting people to church and only 2 people showed up. But they're both straight legit and are gonna be baptized for sure!

One of the guys his name is Dayan. and he's already been to church twice. He had a baptismal date for this sunday but the thing was that he was impossible to meet with during the week. so we didn't even think he was gonna come to church because we literally called and visited him everyday during the week and never heard from him. But he came and then after the meeting we asked for a return appointment and set a date for this upcoming sunday with him and he was like, "wasn't it supposed to be this sunday?" Haha he wants to be baptized but the only thing is he's gotta live a few commandments first! We're gonna help him for sure though.

Florida is so great! It's an amazing place and the people here are so awesome. I'm so grateful to be here! Next week is gonna be awesome too because our Recent convert Osmar. promised us that he would take us to the everglades! He's so awesome. They try and feed us like everyday and we just get ticked at them because they are struggling so hard for money right now! But they are most loving family! They promised to go through the temple with us in a year before Elder Ward leaves, and I cannot wait for that day! They love the gospel so much and just talk about how ever since Osmar. got baptized their lives have been like perfect. Haha they're so funny, the wife Brenda just makes me laugh so hard because whenever we say something she just goes, "Que lindos!!" In her little high spanish voice. Which in english means How cute. Such rad people. So now we're just working hard to get more families like them because they are elect!

I love you all so much and am so grateful that we have an eternal family! I know that this is the Lord's work and that it is progressing in His time! I'm just here to do all I can to help out! I know that Jesus Christ is our Savior and that he truly has done everything for us. Because without him we truly are nothing. I encourage you all to read Alma 7:11-12, and just ponder for a sec what exactly those verses are saying. Those are some of the most powerful verses that I have found about the atonement. Keep up the good work back home, and know that I miss you but there's nowhere else I'd rather be then here! Les amo!
Elder Nielsen
That fountain thing is like right across the street from us.

My trainer with these ducks that are called cancer ducks. they're native only to here in Florida and are protected. You can get arrested if you hurt them or something, but they're the ugliest creatures I've ever seen!

No comments:

Post a Comment