Monday, October 20, 2014

Coral Reef North Area 10-20-14


As always it's a great day when I get to read all of your emails. It sounded like you had a pretty chill fall break. Those leaves look incredible! I ain't gonna lie, I miss 'dem mountains! Life here in Florida can't be beat though. Breaking News!! This week in Miami we experienced a cold front!! It got down to like to 80!! haha no joke you could tell that there was a difference though. We walked outside, and for once it wasn't an instant shower of sweat hitting you! haha it felt incredible! It was ridiculous though, because literally I saw several people wearing sweaters!

But for reals our week this week here in Coral Reef was so boss! We made so many awesome memories this week! My nino and I were going so hard in the paint! I have no idea where to start. I guess I will start with Charly, (a.k.a. the guy who got t boned) He is still "super" elect! Sadly, he was not baptized this weekend, because of work, and he is actually living with his fiance right now. So were working with him to help him get divorced from his ex-wife right now, so they can get married. Our ward, also had a ward picnic on Saturday. We went and it was super fun. Our ward here is so boss. It's literally just a giant melting pot. We have a couple families that literally look like they were sent straight from Utah. Then you have some families that are just pure Latin, and speak no english. Then you have a couple huge black families of like 8 kids. And somehow they can all still meet together for a barbeque and have a great time. Ask me how it works, and I will tell you I have no idea, all I know is God is good and the church is true!

We are also working with this super elect kid named Pedro. I think I talked about him before, but he is so sick! He was so close to getting baptized this past sunday! The only thing was holding him back was his Dad. His parents are divorced so we have actually never met with his Dad, but he wants to meet with us this week to talk about it. Apparently he thinks that if his son is baptized he will be forced to get sent somewhere and start riding a bike everywhere. So once we clear that up, he should be good to go! :)

I wanted to share a real quick miracle as well from the week.  We had called a new investigator from last week that we had lost contact with, and set up an appointment for thursday. When we went over the whole family was there, and they were super excited to see us. We came in their home and literally the first thing they say when we sit down is, "Were coming to church on Sunday!" The family is a Mom, her 2 daughters, and also her daughters friend. Then on Sunday they all showed up!! It was a huge miracle, but then to top it all off, after sacrament meeting finished, literally 5 young women from our ward, came up to the daughter and her friend because they actually knew each other from school. They are all way good friends. It was seriously just like this huge mob of high school girls just walking through the church. They said they loved it though, and they already have solid member friends so that's sweet!

Well I'm sorry I don't have time to write more, but seriously this week was so boss. I will send some pics as soon as I send this, but just know that I love you all so much! The mission has literally been the greatest thing of my life. It's definitely not been easy, or stress free, but I love it so much! The people here are incredible! Thank you so much for everything as always and keep working hard!
Elder Nielsen


No comments:

Post a Comment