Monday, August 11, 2014

Miami Lakes South Area 8-11-2014

Not sure what to title this one..."Serious Faces"?
First off, Happy Birthday MOM!! Whoop whoop! I wrote a letter for you this morning with all my birthday praises for you so I will mail that today! As always it sounds like you had another great week of summer back home! It's hard to believe this is the last week of summer, it went by quicker here in the mission then it did back home that's for sure! Alright Mom I'm sorry that I forgot to update you on the packages last week. Yes I did get them! Everything was perfect! :) so thank you for that. I also got another pair of pants sent to me from Joseph A. Bank. . . I don't remember hearing anything about those, but their super nice so thank you for that, but don't worry about sending me anything else I am good for the moment! :) Haha Mom I loved what you said about the picture of us and H because I thought the same thing too. They both are just pretty short, and the picture was kinda taken at an angle and I was closest to the camera so it made me look even bigger! So that was the main reason why but yes I have gotten a little bigger. . . Too much latin food! This week we had a meal appointment literally everyday! I guess I just need to start going harder in the mornings.

Anyway about our week here in Miami Lakes this week. It was a super fun week as always. We went on a ton exchanges again this week with the Miami Gardens elders because of their car situation. We were on exchanges with them on Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, Saturday, and Sunday after church. Yeah, if you can imagine that's a LOT of exchanges. We were just switching everyday who would go into Miami Gardens, and one of us would just stay here with Elder Rodriguez. It definitely wasn't easy but we tried to make it fun and the Lord definitely blessed us regardless of the difficult circumstances. We went on exchanges with the AP's as well for about an hour on Saturday and went knocking and saw a super sick miracle. Right away we got one blessing. Our next blessing though was incredible! At first a woman from Cuba opened up, and she was willing to pray with us. As we were talking we noticed another lady walking through the hall behind her. So we yelled inside and invited her to join us. She came up and explained to us that she had friends in Peru that were "mormon" and that she was looking to see if there was a church close by. After the prayer she accepted baptism, and as well committed to come to church the next day! We went by the next morning with her ride, and she was ready to come! She came to all 3 hours of church and loved it and is now preparing for baptism! We also had another investigator named Isaac come to sacrament meeting. He was the guy who I talked a little bit about last week who somehow got an ensign and met with missionaries before. He is SUPER solid, and hopefully will be getting baptized this upcoming week as well!

I just thought of another random story from this week as well. We pushed another guys car this week. At first we thought we would just push him around the corner, but he asked if we could push him to the gas station cause he was out of gas. Yeah it was literally half a mile down the road, but for some reason it didn't seem that far when we first started. When we finally got to the gas station I literally almost threw up right there. This was at like 2 in the afternoon as well so it was just boiling hot! haha nonetheless it was a rad experience and we got a potential investigator for the sisters.

Next week is transfer calls so I will be emailing on Tuesday. I'm not 100% sure on what is going to happen, my first guess would be me leaving because I have been here a while, but Elder White might go zone leader which would probably mean I would stay. Nobody really knows though so we will see! Thank you so much for all that you guys do for me! I seriously have the greatest family ever! Thank you so much for always putting up with all my crap and being patient with me. I love you all so much and I know that what I am doing here truly is the Lord's work. I love this church and I love this gospel and that's why I am here serving! Have a great week everybody!
Elder Nielsen




No comments:

Post a Comment